Growing a beard is becoming a symbol of elegance and modernism. This is why many men have opted for the trend of the moment: wearing a beard. Not only is it advisable to grow a beard for a while, so that the skin breathes and is not so irritated, but it also provides many advantages that must be taken into account and at Burnt Whiskey Beard Co, we want you to know them all.
Advantages of wearing a beard
Most men have discovered the advantages of wearing a beard: they look more stylized and attractive. These are some of them:
- Improve facial features. The beard not only rejuvenates the appearance, and makes you more attractive and manly, but it also helps you hide any scars or acne marks.
- Reduces the risk of skin cancer. The beard is capable of blocking up to 95% of the sun’s ultraviolet rays.
- Provides heat. In winter, it acts as a protective shield against the cold, since it keeps the heat on your skin. The beard acts as a filter that protects against bacteria in the air. This helps you breathe better and prevent diseases.
- It keeps you young. Since the sun’s rays do not affect the skin so much, it prevents the appearance of sunspots and wrinkles that age the face so much.
- Increases self-confidence. It is proven that men with beards are more successful with women and in the world of work. Men who wear beards are men who convey confidence and security in all areas that carry power.
Types of beards
A large percentage of men are very favored by wearing a beard, as it rejuvenates them and makes them look more attractive. But not all types of beards suit some men equally than others. To discover which beard suits you best , the first thing you have to take into account is your type of hair, if it is very strong, weak, curly, with a lot of it… and also the facial features you have. An example: if you have little density of facial hair and on top of that you grow a curly beard, a long lumberjack beard will not favor you .
There are many types of beards : 3/5 day beard, goatee, Handhold , full and profiled beard, goatee beard, hipster beard , sideburns, bushy and carefree…
The beard has to have its own care, like other parts of the body. It is no use washing it with hair shampoo, shower gel or hand soap. The pH of the skin in this area is more sensitive and different from the rest. There are many products on the market for the maintenance, care and protection of the beard; shampoo with conditioner, protective and moisturizing oils, specific beard balms.